26 February, 2008

Update on my work status


As I mentioned a few weeks ago I did end up losing the job I was working it.  Coincidentally it happened straight after I told them I was pregnant but lets not dwell on that.
I'm now temping until the baby comes which is fantastic.  The work is easy and fun and everyone is really friendly.  Plus because your constantly changing roles it's not boring.  
Looking at our finances we can't really afford for me to take much time off work to be a stay at home mum once the baby comes.   I've always wanted to be home as much as possible when I have kids to spend time with them and help them learn and develop.  This baby is about 7 years earlier than I had planned to enter mummyland but that's no reason why he shouldn't get the childhood he deserves.
I've been thinking long and hard on this one and have finally come up with the solution.
I'm going to start a Virtual Assistant business so that I can work from home, be a fun games and cupcake baking mummy, and also build my career at the same time.
I have about six years strong administration experience and feel that this is a great starting point to be able to offer this service.  I've also been studying Event Management this year and would like to build the business up to specialize in Events.
I'm a little bit scared because this is a pretty huge undertaking and I'm going to have to complete all the set up work whilst working full time so that once I do finish working I can jump straight into marketing and getting some clients.
Everyone wish me luck and I'll give you lots of updates along the way.

No comments: