23 February, 2008

Style dedication

I know many people have blogged about this article, but I have to give in and join the masses as I can't stop thinking about it.

Basically The New York Magazine ran an article about five creative types who wear only one colour.  Always.

I can't decide what I think of the idea.  I do think that they look terrific and a lot of the follow on posts I've seen about it have some great idea's on how to pull this off but I can't comprehend the dedication it would take to do it full time.   I could easily wear all green one day, or all pink or any colour really.  (Probably not white because I'm a grub but oh well)  But I think it would put so many limits on what you can and can't wear. 

Think of the heart break, you walk into a shop and see a dress that makes your heart stop, it's bright, it's vibrant, it makes you look like a star.... BUT.... It doesn't come in your colour.  Too much pain for me.

I've always been this way with sticking to styles I would love to be "The girl in the purple dresses" or something and have such dedication to a style and be able to pull it off.   My taste is too eclectic.  As a teenager I spent about four years being the only Goth who managed to sneak pink into every outfit (often barbie brand from the kids section).  

I don't look nearly as 'together' as these people but I do get t have alot of fun. 

No comments: