28 February, 2008



Things I love Thursday

• Writing up my business plan. I’m getting a great feeling from doing this and am discovering skills I didn’t even realize I had.
• Bread rolls with gravy – Maybe this is just a pregnancy thing but it tastes so good. Normally I hate salt but I think my baby likes it 
• Being back in Recruitment – I worked for an IT recruitment agency for four years as my first “real” job and now I am temping for the next month in a different IT Recruitment agency. It’s nice to be back in the industry that I learnt so much in, and to see that not much has changed, especially for such a fast moving industry as IT.
• LinkedIn. I’ve never really used it before but now that I’ve decided to start a business I’ve discovered how great it can be as a networking tool. I’m currently building up my network and getting referrals. Feel free to add me to your network: http://www.linkedin.com/in/officemagic
• My boyfriend > Kisses for Andy xoxoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Recruiters have to be prepared to develop long-term relationships with clients; however, clients too need to commit to their recruitment firm and work long-term for the best results. Recruiters must be prepared to accept that fees should not be entirely up front – rather apportioned over an established period so the inventive is not only finding the right person but being rewarded for that person
staying in that job.

Bec said...

Hi Johny,

Thanks for your comment but I'm not entirely sure how it's relevant to my post. I assume you're referring to my mention of using LinkedIn as a networking tool, please note I am not a recruiter.
Sorry if I've misunderstood.